SpotHero is seeking an analytics-driven product manager who will be foundational in building out our Data and Data Science products and team. This will be a far-reaching role that will have dramatic impact across all aspects of our business including our customers, external partners, and internal teams.
Our product management team solves incredibly hard problems each and every day to create an experience for our customers that strives to be nothing short of breathtaking. We have incredibly high standards, especially when it comes to our team.
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Build and evangelise a vision and strategy for our data, analytics, tools and data services.
- Translate that vision and strategy into a roadmap and prioritize features for highest impact and fastest time-to-market.
- Partner with other Product Managers to help them quantitatively measure success for products being developed.
- Glean insights about our users and sellers from qualitative and quantitative research which will inform future product decisions including establishing how data accuracy is measured and tested.
- Work with all stakeholders across the organization to identify and establish a process for data modeling, data exploration, and data visualization.
- Work with engineers to identify the optimal solutions to meet current and future strategic needs while keeping data vision and roadmap in mind.
- Drive the definition and governance of our master data to ensure consistency.
- Analytically driven. You love data. You are comfortable with manipulation and quantitative analysis of large data sets.
- You can use SQL to query, join, analyze, and visualize large data sets. You are familiar with statistical analysis concepts using programming tools like Python or R. Knowledge of ETL processes preferred. Able to gain a basic understanding of what code is doing to transform data.
- A creative problem solver. You are inspired by taking initiative, developing new strategies, and thinking about what’s next.
- A strong communicator. Your written and verbal communication skills are superior. You are exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering and design teams.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in product management working with numerous external analytics tools with use across different departments, with various intersections of internally generated data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, or Statistics) preferred
- Experience working with SQL/Python/R
- Ability to analyze, assess, and derive insights from data, that then become hypothesis you test in a split or multivariate test.
- Strong relationship-building, interpersonal, and organizational skills
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Companyzaeeuqaxrwuybbuwdavye by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.