SpotHero is seeking an IT Engineer to fully support, configure, test, maintain and upgrade company network services. Our ideal candidate will be able to effectively understand complex systems, develop new processes, and drive efficiency in an extremely fast paced and constantly changing environment. This person will be the go-to person for computer or technical issues our company and it's employees face.
What will you do?
- Fully support, configure, test, maintain and upgrade company network services.
- Define and document network policies and procedures
- Manage and maintain new/existing hardware inventory and annual budget
- Coordinate and facilitate new hire training
- Ensure network security and connectivity at all times
- Monitor network performance and test for weaknesses
- Resolve problems reported by end users in a timely manner
- Research and make recommendations on new technology and support
- Set up and maintain user accounts, passwords and equipment
- Organized and detail oriented. You have time management down to a science, great follow through on tasks, and superior organizational skills.
- Proactive. Innovative and resourceful; you’re constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Thorough. You take projects from start to finish and are uncomfortable leaving anything outstanding.
- Collaborative. A team player that works well with others in pursuit of a common goal.
- Independent. You not only enjoy, but also thrive in, unstructured environments.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 5+ years experience in system administration and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of network infrastructure.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information clearly and effectively to non technical users.
- Creative thinker with solid analytical abilities.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- G-Suite experience
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.