Have you ever disassembled something to figure out how it works? When an app crashes, do you try to figure out why it crashed, or see if you can get it to crash again? Are you really good at giving directions to lost strangers?
We’re looking for empathetic, detail-oriented people who are passionate about building excellent products. People who will seek out and destroy software bugs. Every day, SpotHero’s Software Engineers and Product Designers will rely on you to understand our products, execute test plans, and write succinct bug reports.
We want someone who's ready to help us push the envelope on new features, and who's ready to teach anyone on our team and learn from anyone on our team. If you’re an active user of SpotHero, we'd love to hear your feedback on the app as well!
Who we are: SpotHero is a rapidly growing tech company that’s making life easier for the daily driver. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve discounted parking on-the-go or in advance.
What will you do:
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases and test scripts for the different systems and integrations
- Review test deliverables - test scripts, automated test scripts, test status reports
- Update regression and smoke test suites for automation and manual testing.
- Submit, escalate and track defects found during testing to ensure they are resolved
- Assist with the investigation and reproduction of issues to assist engineers
- Provide detailed test reports during and at the end of each development cycle/sprint
- Populate quality metrics pertaining to acceptance criteria, test execution, regression automation and defects at different stages of product development
- Introduce quality process improvement initiatives for the development teams
- Mentor and assist in QA Analyst training and development
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning
- Experience with small teams that move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction
- Great oral and written communication skills
- You have at least 5+ years of experience as a software tester
- You have at least 2 years of hands on experience with test automation
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience
Nice to haves:
- Native application test experience
- Performance and load testing experience
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we're a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.