SpotHero is a young, fast growing, venture-backed startup revolutionizing the way people park. We partner with parking companies to make them more money by providing the tools to use their inventory better. For drivers, we turn finding a parking spot from a chore into a pleasure. Everybody walks away with smiles on their faces and more dollars in their pockets.
We're at the best part of an emerging company's growth cycle. We have a unique value proposition that drivers and parking lot managers love. We recently raised our first round of VC investment from leading firms. We are primed and ready to grow very quickly. There is no faster way to accelerate your career than to play a key role in this growth - taking on as much responsibility as possible and delivering off the charts success.
UX Web Design Contractor
Posted: April 18, 2014
Spothero, a quickly growing startup in downtown Chicago, is seeking a kick-ass UX designer to join our team for a while. We seek a passionate aesthete who can help us produce fresh new web design screens for our rebrand project. The project may include print and app design as well. This is a dynamic opportunity for someone who rocks out experience design and who wants to be an integral part of a quickly growing, fun, and successful company.
Bachelors Degree in web design, UX, or a similar area preferred
2+ years of significant track record in defining and delivering great online user experiences for web, mobile web, and applications
Craftsman of Photoshop and Illustrator
Understands basic development (HTML, CSS, JS) and experience working with development team, a plus
Is available to work on-site 20 hours per week, and potentially more if needed
Exhibits creative mastery of design in an e-commerce, marketing, or information design setting
Produces high-quality, fresh design deliverables including web page comps based on a newly developing brand, print collateral, and perhaps app screens
Creates optimal customer experience through brilliant information and visual design
Knows the difference between user experience design and purely visual design
Brings a developing brand to life with brilliant execution of ux and ui
Commands user experience methods, design principles, and problem-framing skills
Shown ability to communicate UX logic and Design rationale to leaders/stakeholders
Illustrates the ability to strike a balance between showing initiative and seeking appropriate guidance and input from others
Partial to learning and suggesting new technology concepts
Desire to help us grow our brand with smart and innovative suggestions
Part-Time Customer Hero
Posted: April 16, 2014
Are you ready to jump into an “all hands on deck” environment? Do you love solving problems and feel that you can you thrive in a startup culture? SpotHero is looking for a part-time Customer Hero to jump on board our team.
What will I do?
- You are a first impression pro. You’re the first person customers communicate with when they reach out to us. Ensuring a glorious customer experience is your number one goal.
- Mollify upset parkers and turn them into passionate evangelists. Respond to emails & support issues promptly.
- Multi-task. Your flexibility, curiosity and organizational skills will be put to the test.
- You’ll be getting your hands dirty solving problems and making customers fall in love with you.
- Organized. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills. You’re diligent. You don’t get overwhelmed easily. Thousands of emails/phone calls each month-- No prob!
- Chaos-loving. You don't fold under pressure. Rather, you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic. You’re as charismatic as they come. You embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
- Passionate. You love helping people, you care about your team, and you’re driven to enhance your personal growth.
- Inquisitive. Innovative and resourceful; constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
This is a part-time, weekend position with hourly pay. We are looking for someone who will be able to work 8 to 16 hours each weekend.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher.
Who will I be working for?
May 15, 2014.
Steps to apply:
Send your resume to Leah@spothero.com. Make the subject line of the email "Customer Hero at SpotHero" + [The Capital of the Ivory Coast]. In the body of the email, please include your Resume, LinkedIn Profile and also answer the following questions.
- Why you'd like to work for SpotHero and in this particular role.
- A sample response to the email below:
Dear SpotHero -
I am extremely upset with this service. As an out of town customer I wanted my experience to be flawless and convenient - I was given the opposite. I got lost, couldn’t find my spot, and your iPhone app was confusing.
Please issue a refund immediately.