SpotHero is a young, fast growing, venture-backed startup revolutionizing the way people park. We partner with parking companies to make them more money by providing the tools to use their inventory better. For drivers, we turn finding a parking spot from a chore into a pleasure. Everybody walks away with smiles on their faces and more dollars in their pockets.
We're at the best part of an emerging company's growth cycle. We have a unique value proposition that drivers and parking lot managers love. We recently raised our first round of VC investment from leading firms. We are primed and ready to grow very quickly. There is no faster way to accelerate your career than to play a key role in this growth - taking on as much responsibility as possible and delivering off the charts success.
Don't see your position?We're always looking for talented and enthusiastic team players, so send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Product
Position Type: salary
Posted: Sept. 4, 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
SpotHero is a young, fast growing, venture-backed startup. Parking can be both confusing and expensive. SpotHero allows you to search and view available parking options in and around the city of Chicago, New York City, Washington DC and Boston. By reserving your parking online ahead of time through SpotHero, you know exactly how much you're going to pay, and where you're going to park.
SpotHero is looking for a Product Manager with the passion for building amazing products, and a track record to prove it. You'll be responsible for conceptualizing, defining, and building high quality products quickly. This is a highly visible and critical role that will drive SpotHero.com's strategy for our product offerings. If you're an innovative leader with a professional drive for delivering high quality results and bring new ideas to the table, then this role is for you.
- Manage and drive new mobile and web products for spothero.com.
- Responsible for product roadmap and prioritization. Constant interaction with Customers, Marketing, Business Development and Engineering to establish these priorities.
- Manage execution of product features and enhancements from ideation to development, testing and post-launch performance monitoring and analytics.
- Own User Experience for both our web and mobile applications.
- Monitor and understand key site performance and operation metrics, to both assess a feature's success and evaluate an opportunity.
- Define the requirements for everything we build, making sure that features are what our customers want, that our designs are usable, and that requirements are optimized for getting something out the door fast, without sacrificing quality.
- Push product development forward, making sure everyone involved (design, engineering, QA, etc) has a clear understanding of the problems we're trying to solve and the requirements at hand. This will be through mockups, wire frames, written specs, daily stand-ups, etc.
- 4+ years experience in a production management role. You've launched multiple successful products before, and know how to motivate a talented team for a production vision that you want to deliver.
- Heavy mobile experience, with a track record of scaling a product to millions of users, from the ground up.
- An obsession with User Experience (UX) with the background to support it.
- BS in CS/Engineering concentration is highly desired. MBA is a plus. Or, equivalent experience with outstanding track record of being technologically savvy and data driven.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You can explain your thought process to anyone and resolve conflicts fairly.
- Data driven and analytical. Comfortable with pulling data and building models. Proactive about key metrics that should be recorded.
- Very curious and creative. You never stop learning. You never stop asking questions.
- Startup experience is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Scrum (or Agile methodologies in general).
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include some form of a portfolio (nothing fancy required) of the products you've managed and launched. We're really looking to be impressed with your UX and Mobile abilities <wink wink>.