SpotHero is seeking a VP of Product to manage, shape, and grow our product organization. As the head of product, you will be responsible for our product management and product design teams, with a focus on end-to-end delivery of our portfolio of products. SpotHero is in the midst of building a two-sided marketplace through a strategic application of technology, and we need a strong product leader who can help us realize this vision.
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
Our product team works hard to take the complicated, offline world of parking and turn it into a seamless digital experience for our customers that is nothing short of breathtaking. We have incredibly high standards, especially when it comes to our team.
What you will be doing
- Lead all of product management and product design. No big deal.
- Help identify yearly goals for the business as part of the executive team.
- Own the overall product vision for how each product team will collectively contribute to yearly goals and long term company vision.
- Partner with the VP of Engineering (your new bff) to drive long-term roadmaps from ideation through execution and iteration.
- Empower your product managers to build their own roadmaps to success within their respective product line, while ensuring the portfolio of product roadmaps are all aligned towards common goal(s).
- Empower the product design team to drive roadmap suggestions based on user research to promote a user-centered product team.
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction through cross-functional team collaboration, exceptional communication, and nimble execution.
- Build experimentation, analytics, and metrics into the core of how your team prioritizes and operates, while coaching your team on when to leverage qualitative vs quantitative data to draw insights.
- Lead the team in owning & enhancing the product and design processes & methodologies, as we continue to scale our product organization.
- Grow, manage, and care for a team of exceptional, highly motivated product managers and product designers. We believe career development is an active sport; you should too.
- Develop budgets, forecasts, metrics, and measures for your department. Monitor and evaluate the results.
What you should already have
- 10+ years of product, design, and technical experience in a similar field and 5+ years in a organizational leadership and management role.
- Marketplace experience would be amazing. B2C is a must. B2B is a cherry on top. B2B2C, game over.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science preferred but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated experience managing large-scale, aggressive, and dynamic technical projects with competing resources and priorities.
- Experience managing and growing a 10+ person product team, including managing a UX team.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- Experience leading a product and design team through a company’s growth phase (e.g. from 200 employees to 500+).
What we offer
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role that will help transform an industry.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Companyzaeeuqaxrwuybbuwdavye by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.