At SpotHero, we are focused on building a platform and a suite of consumer products that will take parking your car into the future: always connected, zero touch and a seamless experience on the street, with a valet, at an event, or at a lot. By doing this, we will transform an industry and change the technological landscape for parking. We want to deliver a magical experience for drivers everywhere.
Data is fundamentally the voice of the customer for us. It is a snapshot of a user’s actions and thoughts at a particular time and it’s one of our most valuable assets since it serves as a real and actionable data set that can help us create more compelling and innovative products for our customers. Data science sits on top of our data and serves to translate and decipher it into something that can inform our overall design, architecture, and strategy.
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do:
- Be part of a cross-functional data organization that includes data science, infrastructure and data engineers.
- Dig in and understand our products and business process, as well as how our customers use SpotHero via analysis of large heterogeneous data sets.
- Collaborate with team members across the business (engineering, product, design, marketing, supply, PR, and verticals) to define and implement creative solutions and data products for experiments and analysis that will exponentially grow our business. For example:
- Work with product and marketing to analyze behavioral patterns and ideate on strategies for increasing new customers and overall customer retention.
- Design and build data visualizations and dashboards used across the business.
- Evaluate new data sources and/or new data science technologies in the business environment.
- Act as a key contributor across the organization by clearly articulating data-driven recommendations and insights quickly and concisely, therefore improving and/or disrupting existing business operations.
- Work with the Director of Data Science and others to help define and refine the data science strategy and roadmap for upcoming quarters.
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent work experience - we value hard work and building innovative solutions, so showing us that you have done that is more important than your major.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a B2C company with a track record of using data to innovate and drive growth.
- Strong SQL skills
- Above average programming skills in Python and/or R (including Pandas, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, Matplotlib/Seaborn/some other visualization tool)
- Project experience using distributed data analytics technologies (eg Spark, Presto, Hive)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with a modern data pipeline technology stack (eg Airflow)
- Kubernetes and/or Mesos experience
- Kafka, Spark and/or Flink experience
- Aurora and/or Postgres experience
- Data visualization using D3.js
- AWS experience
- Open source contributions to a few major projects
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we're a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized by Time Magazine as one of the Top 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018, ranks highly on Built In Chicago’s 100 Best Places To Work In Chicago in 2019, and recognized for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives!
Steps to apply:
Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and (especially) any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.