SpotHero is seeking a PARCS Integration Engineer to be part of the team working on our integrations with our technology partners. This team is responsible for building out new integrations & products that power the integration layer between the SpotHero platform and the Internet of Things (IOT) systems that control access to the gates. The integrations includes powering the ability for customers to enter and leave the facility, creating electronic tickets or extracting data for analytics to power dynamic pricing and inventory,
As a PARCS Integration Engineer, you will combine software development, networking, and systems administration expertise with an aptitude for technical advising, troubleshooting and analysis. You love the challenge of solving complex inter-system problems and want to expand your SaaS, SOA, web service expertise. You are a technical solutions expert, helping implement new integrations by using your coding skills or troubleshoot existing integrations while onboarding a new facility. You have a good blend of both customer & technical skills as you will often be required to work with both business & technical contacts. Most importantly, you are a strong individual contributor that thrives in a team environment and is an excellent communicator who enjoys working with external companies.
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you'll do:
- Identify, design, develop, test, and release high quality functionality as efficiently as possible.
- Build, code and maintain integrations, tools and services to extend the integration layer of the SpotHero platform
- Develop, test and deploy integrations required to meet business requirements.
- Troubleshoot existing integrations by coordinating production issues with external partners and facilities.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the team to deliver quality products with a focus on speed, security, and analytics.
- Independently identify areas for improvement and innovation within the PARCS integration ecosystem, and lead the charge on making those changes.
- Be a key hands-on contributor to the design and implementation of new products and features through the integration layer of the platform.
What you bring:
- Experience building integrations with third party APIs and SDK.
- You can go up and down the stack from infrastructure through the application layer all the way up to client libraries.
- Demonstrated network administration and troubleshooting skills, with an understanding of Windows server and Linux system administration.
- Experience with small teams that move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
- At least 2 years of hands on experience as an Engineer across multiple environments using Java, Python and/or C#.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Companyzaeeuqaxrwuybbuwdavye by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.
- We are considering applications for this position from candidates not located in Chicago. However, you must be able and willing to travel to Chicago on a quarterly basis.