SpotHero is seeking an Engineer to be part of the team building our new parking platform. The team will own the solution to help us scale out to build a future where the SpotHero platform surfaces real time parking inventory across the United States for millions of customers.
SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
- Support our product development teams in their projects through pairing, documentation of best practices and hands-on troubleshooting
- Help build out the SpotHero internal developer platform using Kubernetes, Terraform and AWS services
- Build self-service tooling and guard-rails for our software engineers to quickly provision new managed services
- Write technical documentation so that others can pick up where you left off
- Write user documentation to help our software engineers self-onboard
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning
- Experience with small teams that move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction
- You have at least 2 years of hands on experience as an Engineer across multiple environments on complex distributed polyglot systems
- You’ve built and run a Docker container, and plan to run many more
- Experience building publicly accessible HTTP-based APIs, developer programs and/or evangelization
- Experience with one of the many infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform (our favorite), Ansible, Salt, Packer, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation, etc.
Nice to Haves:
- Kubernetes and/or Mesos experience
- Kafka, Spark and/or Flink experience
- Cassandra, Elastic, Redis and/or Couchbase experience
- Postgres, MySql and/or MariaDB experience
- AWS, GCP and/or Azure experience
- Open source contributions to a few major projects
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.
- We are considering applications for this position from candidates not located in Chicago. However, you must be able and willing to travel to Chicago on a quarterly basis.