SpotHero is seeking a Director of Product Management who will be foundational in leading our product management team to continued strategic growth. We marry the craft of User Research, both qualitative and quantitative, with amazing fast paced execution to form the best Product & Design team around.
Our product management team solves incredibly hard problems each and every day to create an experience for our customers that strives to be nothing short of breathtaking. We have incredibly high standards, especially when it comes to our team.
Own the strategy and vision of a suite of products. Prioritize cross team collaboration and product initiatives. Ensure all stakeholders are aligned on product vision and communicate why and how decisions are made. Define and analyze qualitative and quantitative data that drives the success of our products. Manage team of product managers, providing motivating goals and professional development while ensuring project deadlines are met. Eliminate roadblocks for team of product managers, helping them to navigate relationships with business stakeholders and end users. Provide a strong product management voice in meetings with and understanding department heads’ core goals and how they affect product management.
- Present, oversee, and produce product management deliverables including, but not limited to, vision statements, strategy documents, and prioritized roadmaps.
- Facilitate and oversee discovery activities such as ideation, research, documentation, etc.
- Champion and lead growth optimizations that will maximize product performance via advanced research and data driven methodologies.
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
- Responsible for the establishment of product management standards, deliverables and methodologies within the organization.
- Manage a team of product managers.
- Drive results by providing pointed, useful feedback.
- Ensure that project deadlines are met successfully.
- Track and analyze KPIs, reporting data to leadership on a regular basis.
- Assist team in navigating relationships with business stakeholders and end users.
- Develop training plans for continuous development of team’s skills and to work towards career goals.
- Be an industry thought leader, participating in public speaking events and panels to showcase SpotHero Product as a leader in transportation and technology.
- Work with senior leadership to lead, develop, and grow the Product Management team.
- Responsible for building and growing top performing teams, including the hiring/firing, training, performance management, and professional development of each and every team member.
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 10+ years experience in product management with 3+ years experience in a management role.
- Strong background in e-commerce or marketplace technologies.
- Ability to deliver pointed, useful feedback and coaching to team members without giving too much direct direction
- Ability to lead engagements to provide a strong voice for product within blended teams including senior leadership, other departments, and external clients
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we're a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.