SpotHero is seeking a Summer Product Design Research Intern to make impactful contributions to our Product Team. Our team solves incredibly hard problems each and every day and strives to create an experience for our customers that is breathtaking. This intern will work on heuristic analysis of current customer-facing products while helping build our qualitative research through customer-facing interviews. You will have the opportunity to work with our Product Design leadership and have ownership over your work. This is an incredible opportunity to contribute to and learn from one of Chicago’s fastest-growing tech startups!
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Gain experience in research and ideation of SpotHero’s consumer products.
- Perform customer-facing interviews to contribute to our body of user research.
- Gain hands-on experience in the Product Design process.
- Analyze qualitative & quantitative data that drives success of our products.
- A top-notch communicator. You have outstanding communication skills – both verbal and written – that enable you to speak with anyone and everyone who crosses your path.
- Inquisitive. Innovative and resourceful, you are constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Collaboration. Our collaborative environment fosters a supportive team dynamic based on continual feedback.
- Positive. You possess a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn from and contribute to a team.
- Creative. You aren’t afraid to take risks and are proud of the work you produce.
- Organized. You have great follow-through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
What you bring:
- Passionate about SpotHero’s mission and eager to contribute to a fast-growing tech company.
What we are offering:
- 12 week paid summer internship.
- Casual dress code and fun work environment.
- Fun perks like catered lunches and SpotHero swag.
- Ownership of your projects, contributing meaningful work to the company.
- Work collaboratively with small teams, gaining hands-on, applicable real world experience.
- An incredible opportunity to get involved with a successful Chicago based tech company.
- A workplace recognized as a Best Place to Work by Built In Chicago, Best Places to Work for Generation Z by Mogul, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, and one of TIMES’s 50 Genius Companies.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.