SpotHero is seeking a Front End Engineer, Senior to be part of the team working on our flagship consumer products. This team owns building out new features & products and improving existing ones that allow millions of customers find and book parking seamlessly.
Who we are: At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
- Collaborate with product designers, fellow engineers and data scientists to iterate on experiments and product features that immediately impact our customers
- Use technologies and tools like React, Redux, and Webpack to build out new UI features and maintain/improve existing ones
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Evolve our UI component library, standards and best practices to streamline development and ensure consistency across products
- Write relevant and clearly understood tests
- Write clear documentation for areas of complexity
- Ensure there is observability into your work for both Engineering and Product
The following experience is relevant to us:
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning
- Experience with small teams that move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction
- UI and/or unit testing with tools like Selenium, Cypress, Jest, and Enzyme, etc...
Nice to haves:
- Sass experience
- Node/npm experience
- Webpack experience
- Design and UX skill set/experience
- Selenium with Python
- Open source contributions to major projects
- Familiarity with server-side MVC web frameworks, such as Django or Rails
- Knowledge of a data query and manipulation language
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Annual parking stipend – we help people park!
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.