SpotHero is looking for a leader and influencer who is also a number-loving, data-driven individual to lead and support the day-to-day functions of SpotHero’s business analytics team. This person will work to improve our strategy across business units and support data infrastructure to drive actionable insights through data analysis. You will be a strong analyst, good with people and have strong stakeholder/collaboration skills.
Who we are:
SpotHero is a $118MM-raised Series D company based in Chicago, US whose mobile & web platforms allows users to quickly and easily find off-street parking across North America.
Ranked at #15 for a Consumer Marketplace (The a16z Marketplace 100) SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across North America use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies (Operators) rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business through our Business Intelligence Tools. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
In 2019 we:
- Parked our 30 millionth car
- We hired 97 people, 40 in Engineering alone
- Added more than 1,300 new parking facilities, exceeding 7,000 facilities across North America
- Added 200 new airport parking facilities serving 61 airports, and launched new partnerships with The Parking Spot, Toronto Pearson International Airport, and The South Terminal at Austin Bergstrom International Airport
- Added 300+ new events and venue partners, including the United Center, home of the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks; PPG Paints Arena, home of the Pittsburgh Penguins; Fiserv Forum, home of the Milwaukee Bucks; and the American Airlines Arena, home of the Miami Heat
What you will do.
- Partner with various business unit stakeholders to identify what data is needed to complete requests, determine if we have the necessary data, and work with engineering and product teams to operationalize it.
- Develop reports and tools using our Business Intelligence tool (Looker) to help operationalize data and make insights visible.
- Forecast ROI for relationships with new business partners and/or new initiatives.
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Strategic. You pursue insights that provide thoughtful answers to complex problems.
- Analytical. You use frameworks and tools to organize and employ unstructured data.
- Intellectual Drive - Always eager to learn something new and share with their team or colleagues.
- Organized. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- Diligent. You are extremely detail oriented and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Dynamic. You embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
- Technical Capability - Ability to identify how systems and technology can improve ways of working and provide for collaboration and contribution across teams to provide business insights.
- User-Focused - Ability to take complex analysis and develop business insights from the perspective of how it will be understood and used by a user.
What we are looking for:
- 4-6 years of experience in an investment banking / consulting / business intelligence role; experience at a startup and/or an MBA is a plus
- 2-3 years of experience of leading people
- Advanced SQL capabilities, experience in Python and R a plus
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Good Data/Insight Storytelling skills
- Significant experience working with structured and unstructured data; deep understanding of data modeling concepts
- Ability to parse and contribute to internal documentation, developer documentation and code repositories; experience in Confluence, Jira, and other Atlassian tools
- Hands-on experience with Business Intelligence tools e.g. Looker, ETL tooling (Five Tran), data pipe generators (Pipegen), and tools to author and manage data pipelines (Airflow)
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized by Time Magazine as one of the Top 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018, ranks highly on Built In Chicago’s 100 Best Places To Work In Chicago in 2019, and recognized for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives!
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in Canada or the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future