We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate builders who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is deeply experienced in iOS development and architecture to help us take our iOS App to the next level, and is excited to work hand-in-hand with multiple teams across our quickly-growing business. We want someone who's ready to help us push the envelope on new features, and who's ready to teach anyone on our team and learn from anyone on our team. If you’re an active user of SpotHero, we'd love to hear your feedback on the app as well!
Who we are: SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve a convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
Here are the skills we're looking for:
- Experience architecting, developing, releasing, and maintaining native iOS apps (point us to your work in the App Store, if you can!).
- Strong knowledge of Objective-C and Swift, since you will be working with both.
- Curiosity about all the new tools and toys available to iOS developers, tempered with a sense of caution about what you'll need to support in production.
- Experience mentoring other developers.
- Strong interest in becoming a technical leader.
- Extremely strong debugging skills.
- Flexibility around the best ways to build: For example, you should neither defend to the death the notion that Storyboards are incompatible with Truth and Beauty, or conversely that they're the ONLY way to build great UI.
- Experience with unit and/or UI testing.
- Strong understanding of the Human Interface Guidelines, and an ability to converse intelligently about them with the design team.
- Ability to collaborate and work efficiently as part of a team, particularly with customer service, design/UX, product, backend, and Android.
- Strong knowledge of Git version control (bonus if you've worked with git-flow).
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience refactoring a large existing application without breaking it
- Android development experience
- Insightful opinions about developing for iOS
- 3+ years of experience developing iOS applications.
- Experience writing or speaking about code
- A Github account with some cool projects in it
- Experience building Xcode plugins, open-source frameworks, or other development tools
- Experience developing location-aware iOS applications
- Experience developing for CarPlay
- Experience developing Today or WatchKit extensions
- Experience in the care and feeding of Continuous Integration servers
What we're offering:
- Competitive salary & stock options in a growth-stage company.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we're a parking company!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35
Steps to apply:
Please include any apps you've got in the App Store (with a description of what your role was in developing them, GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any projects that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.