Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app and website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace. We’ve been quite busy, take a peek at some of our recent announcements.
SpotHero is seeking a Junior Analyst to help the organization make data driven decisions! This position is responsible for synthesizing data and building visualizations that tell stakeholders the story behind the data.
What will you do:
- Develop reports and tools using our Business Intelligence tool (Looker) to help operationalize data and make insights visible
- Participate in data management process reviews, development and updates, and / or creation of associated documentation as defined in the project plan and scope
- Assist in the preparation of analyses for external partners and/or internal stakeholders
- Partner with various business unit stakeholders to identify what data is needed to complete requests, determine if we have the necessary data, and work with members of the analytics team to operationalize it
- Transform complex analytical results into simple & succinct stories and feel comfortable presenting them
- Leverage historical data to inform the future by building reporting and analytical tools to quantify impact of initiatives and efforts of stakeholders
- Lead the daily trending analyses of our KPIs
Who you are:
- Analytical - Examines information methodically and in detail to solve problems or complete tasks.
- Collaboration - Process of working with multiple individuals to complete a task or achieve a goal.
- Communication - Communicates effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Confidentiality - Keeps private information secure and ensures account access levels are appropriately set.
- Detail Oriented - Pays attention to details and learns to understand causes and not just effects.
- Efficient - Ability to work and identify processes with the least amount of waste (time, materials or other resources) possible.
- Execution - Seeing projects through to completion and meeting deadlines.
- Financial Acumen - Having a solid understanding of what drives the company’s profits and expenses and how key financial metrics are used.
- Independent - Not relying on another’s authority.
- Initiative - Ability to assess and initiate things independently.
- Intellectual Drive - Always eager to learn something new and share with their team or colleagues.
- Operations/Process-Minded - Focuses on the tasks that are completed day-to-day to ensure strategic goals are able to be achieved in the most efficient and scalable way possible.
- User-Focused - Ability to take complex analysis and develop business insights from the perspective of how it will be understood and used by a user.
What you bring:
- 1-2 years of experience in an analytical role
- Experience working in a BI reporting tool (Looker preferred)
- Proficient in SQL with a desire to continue to enhance technical skill set and grow within the organization
Systems/Tools: BI reporting tool (Looker preferred), GSuite, Airflow,
Seeking candidates in:
- Chicago, IL, US
- Toronto, ON, CAN
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental and Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, learning budget, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible unlimited PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Annual parking stipend – we help people park!
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago by BuiltIn, and recipients of the Best Company Culture, Best Company for Women, and Best Company for Diversity awards from Comparably!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US or Canada and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.