SpotHero is looking for a Legal Operations Specialist to join our small, but mighty, Legal & Compliance Team and help grow this function within the SpotHero organization. This individual will have a proactive mindset with a bias towards action and an eagerness to step outside of their comfort zone to affect changes big and small. The Legal Operations Specialist will be an enthusiastic self-starter that values building relationships and working closely with individuals across the organization. In this role, you will take the lead on developing, implementing, supporting and improving a number of processes, practices and systems that are (or will be) designed to improve our team’s efficiency, effectiveness, cost management and overall performance. This role will ultimately serve as the operational backbone of the Legal & Compliance Team and champion cross-functional efforts to provide legal and compliance support across SpotHero.
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace. We’ve been quite busy, take a peek at some of our recent announcements.
What you will do:
- Help the Legal & Compliance Team identify opportunities for efficiency via automation and process development and standardization, and work closely with other business functions to implement process improvement.
- Partner closely with the Legal & Compliance Team to identify, develop, and project manage legal and compliance projects, such as developing processes around our templates and playbooks.
- Be a change management champion and help lead implementation, enablement and training for new tools and processes.
- Provide financial management to the Legal & Compliance Team by processing invoices, monitoring budget constraints and actual performance against budget forecasts, as well as identifying spending trends, potential cost savings and efficiency opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the Legal & Compliance team, and other cross-functional stakeholders including Finance, IT, Revenue, Marketing and People.
- Stay current on industry best practice and leading legal department processes and influence continuous improvement.
- Identify and implement new tools and technology to support the team and the organization.
- Drive the development and delivery of initiatives that promote collaboration and knowledge sharing (such as centralized / templated resources and processes).
- Periodically benchmark Legal & Compliance Team operations, processes and practices against other legal departments, and identify opportunities for enhancement and improvement.
Tools you’ll be using:
- Contract management platform (Ironclad)
- Compliance platform (OneTrust)
- Issue and Project Tracking Software (Jira/Confluence)
- Equity management platform (Carta)
- Your voice, and your vision. Speak up, make big plans, form strong viewpoints based on data, and share them with the team.
Seeking Candidate in:
- Chicago, IL
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Self-starter, with high integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- 3+ years of legal operations experience or 5+ years of operations experience and an interest in the legal field
- Detail-oriented problem solver who works well in a team environment and has excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with tight (but reasonable) deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Excited to work in a start-up environment and to grow with the team
- Ability to work independently, with appropriate oversight, as well as part of a team of attorneys and business professionals
Nice to Have:
- Experience with e-commerce or technology company
- Experience working in or closely with an in-house legal team
- Project management certification
- Expertise in using Excel/Google Sheets/Google Docs/PowerPoint
- Experience utilizing tools like OneTrust, Carta, Ironclad, and Jira.
- Experience with e-billing systems.
We don’t expect you to check all of the boxes! If you meet a few of them and are interested, still apply! We'd love to meet you + hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we offer
- Career game changer – a truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Competitive benefits –
- In the US: we cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental and Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Learning Budget + Udemy license - We value growth and want our people to continue learning in their professional + personal lives!
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago by BuiltIn, and recipients of the Best Company Culture, Best Company for Women, and Best Company for Diversity awards from Comparably!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
Additionally, because we want to Remember to Signal, if you choose to provide us personal information in connection with a job application, please review our Applicant Privacy Notice which provides details about what information we collect and process about you in order to consider your candidacy.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.