At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
SpotHero is seeking a Senior Business Analyst, your driving force is turning complex datasets into scalable building blocks to enable data driven decision making for an entire organization. You will be a full stack business analyst, starting with raw data directly from our application all the way to an actionable insight provided to our stakeholders.
A great candidate will:
- Be an expert writing SQL queries to transform complex, disparate datasets into scalable analytical building blocks
- Have a strong understanding and passion for data modeling and the modern data stack (fivetran > AWS (Redshift/S3) > dbt > airflow > looker)
- Have a structured, analytical approach to problem solving
- Be a thought leader within the organization, not afraid to challenge norms and present new ideas
- Autonomous by nature. A self starter able to work independently on large scale projects
What you will do:
- Lead the development of the reporting data warehouse, establishing industry standard best practices for data modelling and warehousing
- Work collaboratively with back-end engineers and product managers to suggest and implement architectural improvements (data warehousing)
- Partners with business stakeholders to deeply understand the needs of their team, identify relevant datasets, and design and operationalize data products to both identify and address opportunities as well as monitor performance
- Transforms complex analytical results into simple & succinct stories and feel comfortable presenting to executive leadership
- Identifies ways in which new analytical tools can be built and deployed in our data visualization tool to improve business stakeholder workflows
- Having a rich understanding of the various data sources across the organization, becoming a centralized knowledge base
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-6 year experience in an analytics background or Masters’ Degree and 2-3 years of working experience
- SQL Expert - able to write both effective and efficient queries
- Excellent modern data modelling and data warehousing skillset (dbt experience is a strong plus!)
- Strong Data visualization skills, using a variety of analytics tools
- Advance Proficiency in working with a BI dash-boarding tool, Looker is our current tool
- Experience with Advanced Analytics - Python experience is a big bonus
- Analytical - Examines information methodically and in detail to solve problems or complete tasks.
- Technical Capability - Ability to identify how systems and technology can improve ways of working and provide for collaboration and contribution across teams to provide business insights.
- User-Focused - Ability to take complex analysis and develop business insights from the perspective of how it will be understood and used by a user.
- Communication - Communicates effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing, especially with individuals with advanced technical capabilities.
- Detail Oriented - Pays attention to details and learns to understand causes and not just effects.
- Efficient - Ability to work and identify processes with the least amount of waste (time, materials or other resources) possible.
- Strategic - Ability to generate ideas based on unique business insights and opportunities intended to create a competitive advantage.
Systems/Tools: AWS Cloud Provider (S3 and Redshift), Data Loading (Fivetran), Transformation (dbt, Airflow), Business Intelligence (Looker)
- While we currently use the tooling above, we are constantly evaluating new and emerging technologies in the rapidly evolving analytics space!
Seeking Candidates in:
- Chicago, IL
- Toronto, ON
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company-sponsored Life Insurance, 401K, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada, we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, and LTD.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Learning Budget + Udemy license - We support the professional and personal growth of our people by providing everyone with learning resources and development opportunities.
- Annual parking stipend – we help people park!
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as CityLights award winner by 1871, 2023 Best Places To Work by BuiltIn, and recipients of the Best Company Culture, Best Company for Women, and Best Company for Diversity awards from Comparably!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
Additionally, because we want to Remember to Signal, if you choose to provide us personal information in connection with a job application, please review our Applicant Privacy Notice which provides details about what information we collect and process about you in order to consider your candidacy.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US or Canada and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.