We’re looking for product-driven engineers who are thoughtful, responsible, and passionate about user experience. Our ideal candidate is someone who is experienced in iOS development and architecture, and excited to work hand-in-hand with multiple teams across our quickly-growing business. We want someone who's ready to help us push the envelope on new features and take our HeroTech product line to the next level. If you’re an active user of SpotHero, we'd love to hear your feedback on the app as well!
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
Here are the skills we're looking for:
- Experience architecting, developing, releasing, and maintaining native iOS apps. Point us to your work in the App Store, if you can!
- Strong experience in Swift and a solid understanding of Objective-C.
- Extremely strong debugging skills.
- Experience with Unit and UI testing.
- Curiosity about all the new tools and toys available to iOS developers, tempered with a sense of caution about what you'll need to support apps in Production.
- Experience with mentoring other developers.
- Strong interest in becoming a technical leader.
- Opinionated, yet flexible about best practices.
- Strong understanding of Apple Human Interface Guidelines and an ability to converse intelligently about them with the design team.
- Ability to collaborate and work efficiently as part of a broader, multi-disciplinary team across development, design, and product.
- Ability to communicate with internal, non-technical stakeholders such as customer service, account managers, sales, and more.
Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following:
- Working with Bluetooth Classic and/or Bluetooth Low Energy devices.
- Deploying and managing IoT devices or general hardware.
- Working on B2B (Business to Business) apps and building vendor/client relationships.
- Deploying Apple Enterprise apps.
- Managing devices via MDM, DEP, and VPP.
- Working with continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Building and maintaining open-source frameworks or other development tools.
- A Github account with cool projects in it!
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Companyzaeeuqaxrwuybbuwdavye by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply:
Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
NOTE: We are considering applications for this position from candidates not located in Chicago. However, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and able and willing to travel to Chicago on a quarterly basis.