SpotHero, Inc. and its affiliates (“SpotHero,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) offers marketing services (“Marketing Services”) regarding the location and potential availability of certain parking spots (“Parking Spots”) to users of www.spothero.com and associated software application(s) (the “Site”). In so doing, we market the Parking Spots on the Site and facilitate the reservation (“Reservations”) of Parking Spots between users of the Site (“you,” “your”) and owners, lessors, managers or operators of Parking Spots (“Licensors”).
- the information that SpotHero collects from users;
- how that information is used by SpotHero; and
- the rights and options available to users.
Information That We Collect
We collect information that you supply to us voluntarily through the use of the Site, creation or modification of an account, requesting of Marketing Services, contacting of customer support, or other similar communications, including, but not limited to, the following information (collectively, together with any other information SpotHero may collect in relation to your use of the Marketing Services or the Site “Personal Information”):
- names, e-mail addresses, phone number(s), postal address or other similar contact information;
- vehicle information such as license plate information, make/model/year of your vehicle;
- depending on the service used, sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- information you submit when creating or using your user account, including user login and password information, images, or similar user information (“Account Information”);
- information you submit for SpotHero’s business use;
- the location and IP address from which you access the Site;
- cookie data, network connection type, and browser type;
- location information, including, if authorized through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, the precise location of your device when the app is running;
- the name of the domain from which you access the internet;
- the type of device, browser and operating system used to access the Site;
- the date and time you access the Site, duration and stop time of such access;
- the information about any person or entity from whom you were referred;
- the pages, files, documents and links that you visit;
- the internet address of the website from which you linked to the Site;
- any other information about your visit to the Site, or your usage of the Marketing Services generally; and
- information about you received from Parking Spot operators that you interact with as a result of our Marketing Services, or from other third parties to whom you have previously provided information.
Some Personal Information may be automatically gathered so that we can monitor the use of the Site in order to make improvements and better serve visitors. You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging into your User Account or contacting us as described below. For other personal information of yours that we hold, we will provide you with access for any legal purpose, including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if SpotHero is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes, in all cases, in accordance with applicable laws. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by contacting the Support Agent referenced in the below section titled “Contact Information.”
How Do We Use Information?
Consistent with the permission you give us to collect Personal Information, SpotHero may use such information for the following purposes:
- to provide, personalize, and improve your experience with the Marketing Services and our advertising made available on or outside the Service;
- to ensure technical functionality of the Marketing Services, develop new products and services, and analyze your use of the Marketing Services, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Marketing Service;
- to communicate with you for Marketing Service-related or research purposes including via e-mails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you agree to receive;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via e-mails, notifications, or other messages consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us;
- to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you submitted the information and for other uses consistent with that purpose; and
Pursuant to authorization granted by you either through your use of one of SpotHero’s web-forms, or through the use of the Marketing Services to make Reservations, SpotHero may use your mobile phone number or similar contact information to send text message(s) via automatic dialing technology. SpotHero only uses such phone numbers and/or contact information to provide Marketing Services and facilitate your use of Reservations. For example, SpotHero may send you a text message containing a parking pass or other information allowing you to access a Parking Spot or garage. Additionally, SpotHero may send you a text message containing a link to download a copy of its software application, based upon your request via a web form.
California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) signed into law June 28, 2018 and entering into effect Jan. 1, 2020, California residents have certain rights and privileges. You can exercise any of the following rights by notifying us as described below:
- Disclosure Request. Upon request and when possible, we will disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. Additionally, you may also obtain the categories of information about you that we have sold, the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold, and the categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose. You may submit these requests via email to email@example.com or by visiting https://spothero.com/CCPA. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly.
- Deletion. If you should wish to cease use of our Site and have your personal data deleted from our Site, then you may submit a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting https://spothero.com/CCPA. Upon receipt of a verifiable request for deletion, we will confirm receipt and will confirm once your personal data has been deleted. To exercise this right via email, simply type the words “Personal Data Deletion” in the subject line of your email.
- Right to Sue for Security Breaches. You also have the right to sue in the event your nonencrypted or nonredacted personal information, is subject to an unauthorized access and exfiltration, theft, or disclosure as a result of our violation of the duty to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices. Prior to exercising this right, you must provide us with 30 days’ written notice by emailing us at email@example.com and providing us with an opportunity fix this violation.
We reserve the right to ask for information verifying your identity and residency prior to disclosing any information to you or acting on your request. Should we ask for verification, the information you provide to verify your identity and residency will be used only for that purpose, and all copies of this information in our possession will be destroyed when the process is complete. We strive to respond to your request within 45 days of receiving a verifiable consumer request however, we reserve the right to respond within 90 days when reasonably necessary.
Except as provided herein, we will not disclose or share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2019 will receive information regarding 2018 sharing activities). To obtain this information in connection with information collected through the Service, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. SpotHero does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising.
Law & Order
We may disclose any of your information (including Personal Information) to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of SpotHero or our users; or (d) protect our property rights.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may, from time to time, send you e-mail about your User Account, orders or pricing changes. We may also send you e-mail with general information or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you. In most cases, we will give you an opportunity to accept or decline the receipt of promotional e-mail.
If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, please let us know by using the opt-out response device that can be found at the bottom of such emails we deliver or by emailing us at email@example.com. To help us process your request, please include sufficient information for us to identify you in our records (your email address will suffice). Please allow a reasonable time for us to process your request.
Please note that, although you can opt not to receive promotional messages, we reserve the right to send you informational email messages about any administrative notices regarding the Site, as permitted under the CAN-SPAM Act (15 U.S.C. §7701 et seq.).
Linked Sites and Third Party Use of Information
Other websites that you visit, including any such sites linked from or to our Site (such as websites of Licensors), may have separate privacy policies or no policy at all. Other websites may use personal information differently than our policy permits so we strongly encourage you to review the privacy policies of any site before you provide your personal information on the internet or explore such third-party sites. You agree that we are not responsible for unauthorized third-party use of your information.
Data Integrity and Security
We utilize information technology security to keep the information that you provide to us via our Site secure. We also attempt to have privacy protection controls in place with our vendors in order to ensure that your Personal Information is protected from unauthorized access or disclosure. Only authorized employees are permitted to access your personally identifiable information or that of other visitors touring the Site. Notwithstanding, as effective as our reasonable security measures may be, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database and cannot guarantee that information supplied to us will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet.
SpotHero is based in the United States of America (“U.S.”), and, regardless of where you use our Site from or otherwise provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the U.S. Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with U.S. privacy laws, regulations and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of origin or residence. By using the Site or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S.
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your User Account. If you wish to close your account, please log into your User Account, and then follow the provided directions or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debit on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated the Terms and Conditions, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information. SpotHero will comply with an individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of Personal Information it stores in accordance with applicable law.
If you are a resident of certain jurisdictions, you may also have the right to opt out of any current or future sale of your Personal Information. To exercise this right in accordance with applicable law, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com and write “Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information” for the subject of your message, or if you are a California resident, you may also submit an opt-out request by visiting https://spothero.com/CCPA. We reserve the right to ask for information verifying your identity and residency prior to disclosing any information to you or acting on your request. Should we ask for verification, the information you provide to verify your identity and residency will be used only for that purpose, and all copies of this information in our possession will be destroyed when the process is complete.
If you have questions about this policy or wish to contact us regarding our privacy practices, we can be reached via any of the following:
125 S. Clark St.
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Attn: Legal Dept.
Privacy Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: April 27, 2021