SpotHero is seeking a League Support Engineer (Level 2) to work primarily with our product and engineering departments in order to polish our product and defeat some parking villains (tech bugs) within Integrations. If you’re technical, love to solve problems, a little meticulous, and are ready to jump into an "all hands on deck" environment, this role is for you!
Who we are: At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do:
- Work with Operators, PARCS vendors, IT services vendors, Sales Ops, Account Executives and Customer Heroes to monitor and investigate technical issues while communicating updates and workarounds appropriately.
- Problem solve to discover the root cause of both internal and external issues ranging from app login errors to significant backend server errors.
- Triage issues for Engineering to ensure that the most critical and pressing are taken care of appropriately.
- Produce the best bug reports that replicate the issue, document the steps, and pinpoint the root cause.
- Track and update fix in Jira. Communicate solution to Operators, Account Executives and Customer Hero team.
- Distinguish between bugs, tasks, and product improvements and escalate appropriately.
- Develop and revise our playbooks and knowledge base to improve company efficiency.
- Increase efficiency at diagnosing, documenting, and resolving complicated issues.
- Work with facility managers / operators to solve integration related issues.
- Attend biweekly Engineering sprint meetings, representing the voice of the Operators and Supply team.
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with 3+ years experience in a technical support role working with Network related products
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity while managing multiple competing priorities
- Proven understanding of web technologies such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
- Good understanding of API technologies and troubleshooting (Postman preferred)
- Intermediate SQL knowledge (DataGrip preferred)
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Sumo Logic
- Experience with Salesforce, Jira and Confluence
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental &amp; Vision Premiums, company-sponsored Life Insurance, 401K, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada, we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, and LTD.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Annual parking stipend – we help people park!
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.