Who we are:
SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across North America use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on SpotHero to help them reach new customers, in a tech-forward manner. We connect the dots with leading technology, delivering value to all sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace. We’ve been quite busy, take a peek at some of our recent announcements.
Who is Vice President of Finance at SpotHero?
- The Vice President of Finance is a dynamic and empathetic leader with a track record of building high performing finance teams and creating a culture of finance team business partnership
- You are a relentless problem-solver and dot-connector with innate ability to build relationships up and down the organization, communicate with clarity and intention
- You are able to influence and drive change in the organization, shaping strategy, and driving disciplined growth
- You thrive on being great at your craft, and are committed to learning and growth, staying curious and seeking out and bringing best practices in-house
As Vice President of Finance you will lead, drive and develop a range of Finance capabilities in support of the growth and evolution of the SpotHero platform – the people, processes, data and systems capabilities with a particular focus on infusing financial and economic analysis into decision making. The Vice President of Finance will report to the CFO and will lead a team of FP&A and strategic finance team members.
What You Will Do:
- Build, coach and develop finance team fostering a culture of business partnership, learning and growth
- Develop core finance processes, systems and tools in support of effective and efficient financial and business planning, analysis and scenario modeling activities
- Provide analytical and financial support to business functions infusing financial and economic analysis into decision making
- Evolve metrics cascade enabling goal setting, performance measurement and clarity of action
- Lead integrated business planning process and periodic forecasts to ensure cohesion, and alignment with strategy
- Lead insightful business performance reviews in partnership with the business stakeholders combining operational and financial metrics and balancing discussion of future risks and opportunities with the analysis of the past
- Evolve the long-term financial model of the business. Partner with CFO and executive leadership team on strategic planning process.
- Lead preparation of Board and investor materials and support fundraising activities
Who You Are:
- Mission-oriented – you are committed and inspired by our mission, you are bold and growth oriented leader
- Finance expert – you have superb analytical and critical thinking skills leveraging principles of finance to help make business decisions. You possess expert financial modeling and data analysis skills with proven ability to teach/coach or be hands-on.
- Business operations-minded – you think beyond finance and may have had an experience in a strategic and/or data-driven operations role (e.g. marketplaces, bizops, investment banking, consulting)
- Communicator – you can translate complicated analysis into compelling narratives and seamlessly oscillate between 30,000 and 3-foot perspectives
- Multi-tasker – you are able to set priorities while remaining flexible in an ever-changing environment
What You Bring:
- Demonstrated finance leadership experience, with a track record of building and leading high performing finance teams in a high growth environment
- Experience with e-commerce, marketplace and earlier-stage companies and comfort with complexity, ambiguity and fast-paced culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or finance and/or MBA are preferred
- Technology experience: NetSuite, Sage Intacct or similar ERP, Business Intelligence Tools (Looker, PowerBI, Tableau), Google Suite, SQL or Python languages a plus
- Story-teller: ability to tell a story with numbers, leveraging data-driven analysis and focusing on key insights and actions
Seeking candidates in:
- Chicago, IL, US, preferred
- Or elsewhere with regular travel required
What we offer
- Career game changer – a truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth
- Competitive benefits –
- In the US: we cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental and Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada: we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago by BuiltIn, and recipients of the Best Company Culture, Best Company for Women, and Best Company for Diversity awards from Comparably!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.