Who we are:
SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology.
If you want to make the world a better place, it turns out that parking spaces are a fantastic place to start. Why did you miss that critical appointment? Parking. Why were you stressed and sweating on that first date? Parking.
If there were a way to make people impervious to parking problems, that would solve more than just a question about where to leave one’s car. That would help people be fully present in their lives. That would make a difference! And that’s what SpotHero does. SpotHero isn’t just in the parking space business, we’re also in the business of creating space for life.
So if you’re looking for a job where there’s space for you—the whole you—and where you get to use all your skills to build something new, exciting, fast-growing, and truly world-changing, then great, come to SpotHero!
What is a Visual Designer @ SpotHero:
SpotHero is seeking a talented Visual Designer to join SpotHero’s marketing team. In this role, you will bring SpotHero’s visual identity to life across multiple channels, collaborating closely with marketing channel managers and stakeholders across departments. You will be an integral member of the brand team, contributing your ideas to marketing campaigns and future planning. You are a multidisciplinary designer, skilled in many types of media, including but not limited to: digital and print advertising, motion graphics, and social media. In addition, you bring a solid understanding of how to leverage visual design towards business objectives with an eye toward improving consumer interaction with assets.
What you will get to do:
- Develop your own design projects, across channels, from concept to completion.
- Produce engaging design solutions in a myriad of outputs including, but not limited to: presentations, advertisements, illustrations, one pagers, and social media assets
- Strategize with Senior Visual Designer on brand initiatives and marketing campaigns
- Participate in design reviews and gather feedback to grow and hone your design skills
- Manage time and projects efficiently; heavy collaboration and cross-departmental communication with other SpotHero creative resources, product development, marketing and business channels, public relations, and other relevant consumer-facing resources to ensure a compelling and consistent overall consumer brand presentation
- Adhere to SpotHero brand standards and work closely on brand development alongside the marketing and product design teams
Who you are:
- You are Skilled: You've designed in a fast-paced, creative environment before, you know the tools.
- You are Creative -You’re able to develop something unique that would not naturally evolve on its own, think outside the box.
- You are Fast and Flexible -You understand that often you will need to work on tight deadlines and are confident in your ability to communicate and compromise with stakeholders in order to get the job done.
- You are a Self Starter -You can work proactively with creative ownership.
- You are Collaborative -You understand how to give and take feedback, solicit input and context for each of your projects and you communicate effectively.
- You are Open-minded - Willing to consider new ideas. You crave feedback and have a desire to learn and grow your skills
What you bring:
- A strong understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines and principles, including layout, hierarchy, balance, branding, typography, iconography, composition, and color
- 3-5 years of experience in a graphic design role at a consumer brand, tech company or agency
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- A developed, and diverse portfolio of past work
You may also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- Knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro, and HTML/ CSS
Seeking Candidates in:
- Chicago, IL
Taking a new route? Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you & hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we offer
- Career game changer – a truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Competitive benefits –
- In the US: we cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental and Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago by BuiltIn, and recipients of the Best Company Culture, Best Company for Women, and Best Company for Diversity awards from Comparably!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.