SpotHero is seeking an individual with general manager-type qualities to own and drive growth across strategic initiatives. These initiatives will have a material impact on the SpotHero profit and loss, and require quarters to execute in partnership with other functions. This individual will need to be comfortable being a generalist, and rotating among initiatives over time, spanning a variety of business areas, including for example events, airports, monthly, pricing optimization, payments, etc. The right candidate will combine analytical horsepower and ops mindedness to determine appropriate growth levers, shape a cross-functional plan, and drive daily operational progress and improvement, in relation to key initiatives. Plan ownership will entail influencing and managing efforts across the Sales, Marketing, Product and Business Development functions at SpotHero. The role will report to our SVP, New and Emerging Business Lines and join a team of other Strategic Vertical Managers, of various experience levels and seniority.
Who we are:
SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across North America use the SpotHero mobile app, website, connected car integrations and other Big Tech apps to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you’ll do:
Strategy + Operations
- Conducting ongoing analysis to identify opportunities to improve both daily operations + overall strategic direction in relation to key initiatives
- Developing the case for new investments, including as part of annual business planning process
- Executing regular experiments to improve operations and playbooking / scaling as appropriate
- Owning the x-functional plan, managing and supporting peers (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Product, etc) toward execution of associated projects
- Leading x-functional meetings with focus on providing context needed to effectively execute projects, while building team spirit / momentum
- Owning reporting to the company + serving as single source of truth for key initiatives
- Developing dashboards and reviewing daily initiative performance to get ahead of issues + inform daily activities (i.e. get the most out of each + every day!)
- Providing leverage to x-functional team members, by taking daily execution activities off their plate where appropriate, automating and playbooking
- Being on the watch for operational issues and bugs, driving each to quick resolution
What we’re looking for:
- Acts like an owner. Treats their key initiatives as their own business and is excited by the prospect of being on the hook for daily performance and overall Profit and Loss results.
- Execution oriented. Eager to roll up sleeves and get into the details, with a view to influencing daily activities and operations of the company.
- Experimentation focused. Acts as a tinkerer, designing pilots and tests that can drive step-change process innovation and operational improvement.
- Analytically driven. Takes a data driven approach to decision making and is versed in building business cases to justify investment + process change.
- Able to influence. Skilled in working through others to get things done, fostering strong relationships with x-functional peers.
- Advanced Analytical Skills
- Operations + Process Minded
- Creative + Resourceful Problem Solver
- Advanced Project Management Skills
- Ability to Influence without Authority
- Action Oriented with Exceptional Follow-Through
- User Centered
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical or operational field (e.g. management consulting, other real world marketplace businesses, etc)
- Project management expertise with ability to lead x-functional teams
- Born entrepreneur with the ability to identify ideas, substantiate with data and test / launch with minimal resources
- Business, engineering, economics, and other technical education backgrounds preferred
- Experience with BI (Looker), CRM (Salesforce), KM (Confluence) tools preferred
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a leading e-commerce company with the opportunity to grow into any of several roles within the company.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental and Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago by BuiltIn, and recipients of the Best Company Culture, Best Company for Women, and Best Company for Diversity awards from Comparably!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US or Canada and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.