SpotHero is looking for a number-loving, data-driven individual to support the day-to-day functions of SpotHero’s analytics team. This person will work to improve our strategy across business units and support data infrastructure to drive actionable insights through data analysis.
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do:
- Assist in building and maintaining data models as well as standards for data integrity.
- Break down complex problems, use prototypes to quickly test out possible solutions, and make technical recommendations to support company initiatives and product objectives.
- Suggest and works collaboratively with engineers to implement architectural improvements (data warehousing).
- Systematically connect disparate data sets for analyses and work with technical teams to solve challenges associated with the data.
- Understand incoming data and write SQL procedures to transform data into a reporting-friendly structure using dbt
- Partner with business stakeholders to deeply understand needs of their team, identify relevant data, and design and operationalize relevant KPIs to measure success.
- Transform complex analytical results into simple & succinct stories and feel comfortable presenting to executive leadership.
- Identify ways in which analytical tools can be built and deployed in our data visualization tool to improve business stakeholder workflows
- Become a subject matter expert in key business analytics for the company as a whole
- Analytical - Examines information methodically and in detail to solve problems or complete tasks.
- Collaboration - Process of working with multiple individuals to complete a task or achieve a goal.
- Communication - Communicates effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing, especially with individuals with advanced technical capabilities.
- Confidentiality - Keeps private information secure and ensures account access levels are appropriately set.
- Detail Oriented - Pays attention to details and learns to understand causes and not just effects.
- Efficient - Ability to work and identify processes with the least amount of waste (time, materials or other resources) possible.
- Execution - Seeing projects through to completion and meeting deadlines.
- Financial Acumen - Having a solid understanding of what drives the company’s profits and expenses and how key financial metrics are used.
- Independent - Not relying on another’s authority.
- Initiative - Ability to assess and initiate things independently.
- Intellectual Drive - Always eager to learn something new and share with their team or colleagues.
- Operations/Process-Minded - Focuses on the tasks that are completed day-to-day to ensure strategic goals are able to be achieved in the most efficient and scalable way possible.
- Strategic - Ability to generate ideas based on unique business insights and opportunities intended to create a competitive advantage.
- Technical Capability - Ability to identify how systems and technology can improve ways of working and provide for collaboration and contribution across teams to provide business insights.
- User-Focused - Ability to take complex analysis and develop business insights from the perspective of how it will be understood and used by a user.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-6 year experience in an analytics background or Masters’ Degree and 2-3 years of working experience
- Advanced in SQL, write optimal queries to pull and transform data
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data; understanding of data modeling concepts
- Hands-on experience with ETL tooling (Five Tran) and data pipe generators (dbt)
- Strong Data visualization skills
- Strong Storytelling Skills
- Advance Proficiency in working with a BI dash-boarding tool, Looker is super helpful
- Nice to have but not necessary - Coding skills Python, R or other
Systems/Tools: BI reporting tool (Looker preferred), ETL Tools (Five Tran preferrer), Data Pipe Generators (Pipegen), Confluence, Jira, Microsoft Office Suite, GSuite
Career Growth Potential:
- Senior Analyst II
- Staff Analyst
- Business Analytics Manager
- Product Manager
Seeking Candidates in:
- Chicago, IL
- Toronto, ON
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
What we offer
- Career game changer – a truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Competitive benefits –
- In the US: we cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental and Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada: we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago by BuiltIn, and recipients of the Best Company Culture, Best Company for Women, and Best Company for Diversity awards from Comparably!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
Additionally, because we want to Remember to Signal, if you choose to provide us personal information in connection with a job application, please review our Applicant Privacy Notice which provides details about what information we collect and process about you in order to consider your candidacy.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US or Canada and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.