Have you ever disassembled something to figure out how it works? When an app crashes, do you try to figure out why it crashed, or see if you can get it to crash again? Are you really good at giving directions to lost strangers?
We’re looking for empathetic, detail-oriented people who are passionate about building excellent products. People who will seek out and destroy software bugs. Every day, SpotHero’s Software Engineers and Product Designers will rely on you to understand our products, implement automation frameworks and tooling, and drive continuous integration, deployment and testing.
Who we are: At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace. We’ve been quite busy, take a peek at some of our recent announcements.
What you will do:
- Write readable, performant, maintainable and testable code. Python preferred.
- Ability to design, PoC, socialize and acquire buy-in for testing frameworks across engineering and product teams.
- Expand and refactor existing frameworks for multiple squads.
- Effectively communicate, mentor and train others on languages and best testing practices.
- Develop and execute automated test scripts for different systems and integrations.
- Integrate automated tests into the CI/CD/CT architecture.
- Conduct code reviews and contribute thoughtful, empathetic feedback.
- Teach team members and engineers how to write tests at every level and on different platforms.
- Write automation to help development with UI testing, performance testing, and security testing.
- Work with senior engineers to implement quality process improvement initiatives.
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
Who you are:
- Action-Oriented - You maintain a sense of urgency to complete a task and seek information rather than waiting for it.
- Analytical - You examine information methodically and in detail to solve problems or complete tasks.
- Collaborative - You work with multiple individuals to complete a task or achieve a goal.
- Detail Oriented - You pay attention to details and learn to understand causes and not just effects.
- Influence Without Authority - You have the ability to get others to willingly cooperate and engage, rather than following directives because you're in a position of authority.
- Innovative - You foster an environment where creative thinking is embraced and encouraged.
- Problem-Solver - You assess situations quickly and provide creative solutions for resolution.
- Resilient/Resourceful - You have the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties.
- Technical Capability - You have the ability to identify how systems and technology can improve ways of working.
- User-Focused - You create and develop business tools from the perspective of how it will be understood and used by a user.
What you have:
- Proven track record of thought leadership and adoption around Automation testing.
- 6+ years of experience using object oriented programming languages to write automated tests
- 5+ years of experience with Agile software testing and methodologies.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of experience writing Python code.
- Experience with common API, Mobile and UI testing frameworks.
- Experience building automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience with microservices and container technologies.
- Experience with cloud platforms.
- Experience with Selenium and Appium.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with CI/CD/CT technologies such as Concourse, CircleCI, etc.
- Experience working with AWS.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
Technology we use:
- Our Back End Stack is: Monolith using Django/Python/PostgreSQL. We are moving our Monolith to a Modular Monolith, using Domain Driven Design. When relevant we extract specific domains to Services currently using Java, Kotlin and GoLang. We also use Docker, deploy our apps via Kubernetes. We use Kafka for asynchronous-, and gRPC for synchronous service-to-service communication.
- Our Front End Stack is: Our Front End stack is React/Redux, Sass, Jest/React Testing Library/Cypress, and Webpack. We maintain a private npm repository with shareable UI components, utility functions, Babel/ESLint/Prettier configurations, and custom tasks.
- Our Data Stack is: Our Monolith Database is Postgres and Redis for caching. We also use Redshift as our data warehouse and S3 as our data lake. The data lake is queried using Presto. We use Airflow and Spark for ETL, as well as do some stream processing (Kafka Streams and Spark at the moment). Our Model pipeline uses scikit-learn, pandas. Our analysts utilize Looker as our Business Intelligence tool. And we use Quicksight for Dashboard on our external Data Products.
- Our Dev Tools Stack is: AWS+Kubernetes for hosting. Terraform + Helm Charts for IaaS/Deployment. ConcourseCI for CI/CD. Prometheus/Alertmanager/VictorOps for team alerting. We’re starting to work on multi-region available services.
What we offer
- Career game changer – a truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Competitive benefits –
- In the US: we cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental and Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada: we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Learning Budget + Udemy license - We value growth and want our people to continue learning in their professional + personal lives!
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago by BuiltIn, and recipients of the Best Company Culture, Best Company for Women, and Best Company for Diversity awards from Comparably!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
Additionally, because we want to Remember to Signal, if you choose to provide us personal information in connection with a job application, please review our Applicant Privacy Notice which provides details about what information we collect and process about you in order to consider your candidacy.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US or Canada and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.