SpotHero is looking for an Assistant Controller/Controller to join its growing team! The Assistant Controller/Controller will be the right hand person to the Senior Director of Accounting and a true business partner to the organization by being highly collaborative and hands-on and interacting with all departments. The Assistant Controller will oversee all aspects of the Accounting function including month-end close, financial reporting, the annual and interim audits, and all A/P, A/R, payroll, and tax functions. A successful candidate will have a strong background in GAAP accounting, be a proven leader who is comfortable driving improvements in processes, developing team members to their full potential and building a data driven organization.
The ideal candidate is a strong operational leader with excellent communication skills. You enjoy leading a team and operating with a high-level of autonomy in a fast-paced environment. This person enjoys process improvement and establishing best practices in a growing organization.
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do:
- Build and lead a strong accounting team by developing by evaluating workloads and organizing responsibilities to align with business needs and individuals’ interests, areas of expertise, and growth
- Manage the accounting staff who are responsible for A/P, A/R, payroll, cash reconciliation, general ledger, and account reconciliations
- Oversee month-end and annual close process, continuously seeking to increase efficiency and shorten month-end close cycle
- Prepare and analyze consolidated financial statements ensuring accuracy and completeness in compliance with GAAP.
- Partner with FP&A team to identify and resolve variances, provide analysis of financial results and input for forecasting and modeling purposes.
- Oversee all key accounting operations and compliance functions including payroll, treasury and payments processing, income, sales and payroll tax returns
- Lead annual and interim external audit process
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and People teams as the Finance SME
- Evaluate new and existing accounting tools and act as an administrator in NetSuite, Concur, and ADP. Develop a new system to increase efficiency in revenue recognition.
- Maintain accounting for equity, capitalized software, and deferred revenue
- Contribute to the broader organization by being a true business partner in support of our business growth.
Who you are:
- Strong Manager
- Organized. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational / documentation skills.
- Diligent. You are extremely detail oriented and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Dynamic. You embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
- Team player. You are a collaborator and passionate about supporting a high performing team.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA
- 8+ years experience in an in-house accounting team including demonstrated ability to build and lead a high performing teams
- Deep experience with interpreting and applying GAAP to business transactions
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and BI tools such as Looker, Tablou or Domo
- Administrator level experience in NetSuite
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Experience in high volume environment
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan + matching, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized by Time Magazine as one of the Top 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018, ranked on Built In Chicago’s 100 Best Places To Work In Chicago in 2020 & 50 Companies With The Best Benefits In Chicago In 2020 , plus our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
Additionally, because we want to Remember to Signal, if you choose to provide us personal information in connection with a job application, please review our Applicant Privacy Notice which provides details about what information we collect and process about you in order to consider your candidacy.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.