Who we are:
SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across North America use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on SpotHero to help them reach new customers, in a tech-forward manner. We connect the dots with leading technology, delivering value to all sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace. We’ve been quite busy, take a peek at some of our recent announcements.
What is a Director of Brand Marketing @ SpotHero?
SpotHero is looking for a Director of Brand Marketing to execute SpotHero’s brand marketing strategy for the organization. The primary goal will be to grow brand awareness in specific markets, manage go-to-marketing strategies for SpotHero while managing diverse stakeholders and a brand team.
Additional responsibilities include agency management, team coaching, brand advertising and measurement, public relations, social strategy, advertising creative, editorial tone, and management of industry events.
What you will get to do:
- Develop a symphonic plan that pulls together working spend, communications, and other marketing efforts to build awareness for SpotHero.
- Manage budgets, teams, and timelines set by the CMO.
- Collaborate with Product Development on voice/tone and visual identity.
- Manage brand awareness and a measurement approach for our core and emerging markets. Measurement will include aided and unaided brand awareness surveys, enhancement of NPS, as well as collaboration with analytics teams to measure the efficacy of higher-funnel brand-centric working spend.
- Execute a content and communications plan, including: Public Relations; Blog; Site Editorial; Microsites; and Social Media.
- Dominate industry “thought leadership” in partnership with internal stakeholders to enhance business-to-business efforts.
- Hire and manage agencies as appropriate for PR and/or Brand Marketing.
- Back up good ideas and visually compelling concepts with the data to demonstrate a business case.
Who you are:
- You love your job, aspire leadership roles and you’re willing to get your hands dirty.
- You believe stakeholders are an extension of your team and work to establish buy-in whenever possible.
- You are willing to accept critical feedback to make your work better.
- You are an empathetic and an influential leader. You are able to handle differences of opinion in a professional and respectful manner.
- You are a team player. You are a collaborator and passionate about building a high performing team by developing team knowledge, skills, and career growth.
- You are a “doer” who believes done is better than perfect and you have a knack for knowing how to balance the need for quality and timing.
What you bring:
- Experience with e-commerce and/or earlier-stage companies and comfort with complexity, ambiguity and fast-paced culture where you will occasionally need to perform work that would be delegated in a larger organization.
- Demonstrated marketing leadership experience. In-house marketing experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or a relevant field and/or MBA are ideal but your operating competence matters more.
- Ability to make the hard choices necessary to remain on budget.
- Working understanding of traditional (TV, radio, print, out-of-home) and digital media (social media, content, and emerging platforms).
- Experience managing visual designers, writers, and communications channels.
Taking a new route? Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you & hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
Seeking Candidate in
- Chicago, IL
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a leading e-commerce company with the opportunity to grow into any of several roles within the company. We welcome Managers who are ready to move into a Director role.
- Flexible, unlimited PTO policy and supportive work/life balance – we value and support every Hero on the team, and create space for life!
- Excellent benefits – We cover 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K + company match, and generous parental leave.
- Annual parking stipend (duh- we help people park!)
- The opportunity to collaborate with creative, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive, atmosphere.
- Our award-winning culture has received recognition from Built In’s 2021 Moxie Awards, as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago by BuiltIn, and recipients of the Best Company Culture, Best Company for Women, and Best Company for Diversity awards from Comparably!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
Additionally, because we want to Remember to Signal, if you choose to provide us personal information in connection with a job application, please review our Applicant Privacy Notice which provides details about what information we collect and process about you in order to consider your candidacy.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.