SpotHero is seeking a mid-level Product Designer who can help superpower our internal teams (sales, customer service, and operations) by building new service flows, researching user needs, and designing great solutions to complicated, hairy problems.
Some example projects: Building permission flows and account management for 300+ critical internal users to improve task flow efficiency, operator onboarding flows to capture the best possible facility content/data/photos to support our driver's biggest needs, and optimizing workflows to manage 8,000+ facilities' parking instructions.
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go, or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace. We’ve been quite busy; take a peek at some of our recent announcements.
What will you do:
- Partner on the squad’s design and product thinking process. Work directly with your Product Manager, fellow designers, and engineering manager to create an effective product roadmap that drives measurable user impact.
- The problem space includes service design, stakeholder management, responsive web design, deep user research, and on-site garage experiences.
- We’re a full-stack product design team, and you will own your product from problem discovery and roadmapping through final UI delivery, testing, and iteration.
- Create holistic design solutions that address business and user needs by considering the entire customer experience through collaboration with product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Be challenged to understand the problem space, build delightful and quality designs that drive results, and champion new processes to grow the Design and Product teams.
- Mentor and pair with other designers to help upskill the team and share your learnings.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale, and specifics within a cross-functional team.
- Consult with internal partners on best practices to support SpotHero’s customers.
- Continuously monitor the success of the product through analytics and other tools.
- Document, collaborate on, and reference our evolving design system.
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies.
- The typical week will look like: you will interview and build relationships with growth managers and field operations teams, survey stakeholders to understand how you can help them work with garages, manage our mature design system, run ideation workshops, and explain desired animations/transitions directly to your engineers to build the best products of your career.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Experience an innate desire to work on big, complicated B2B or internal problems. You understand the intricacies and opportunities B2B projects can bring to a company.
- 3+ years of professional experience (however, we focus on performance, not years) designing web and native iOS and Android applications.
- Support building out roadmaps, product strategy, and priority decisions alongside your Product Manager and Engineering Manager.
- A portfolio that showcases how you’ve used service design and design thinking effectively will help to grab our attention.
- Solid understanding of the design process, Design Thinking, information architecture, usability, service design, and heuristics.
- Deep knowledge of when and how to use different user research methods, including user interviews, surveys, usability testing, contextual interviews, and market analysis.
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs for primarily responsive web, iOS, and Android.
- Knowledge and efficiency with UI design tools, primarily Figma.
- Ability to meet and communicate deadlines.
How we’ll help you create the best work of your career:
- Weekly design pairings with senior designers to learn from some of the best in the industry.
- Focus on outcomes and see directly how your work impacts your co-workers and our drivers and operators - immediate feedback loops. After your work goes live, you will be able to literally see coworkers’ smiles and slackmoji’s.
- Be challenged every day through opportunities to own product strategy and design team processes, executive face time, and mentoring sessions.
- Sit beside and pair with the design team in our gorgeous office in the Loop. This is a fun group that is extremely collaborative.
- Join any of our Employee Resource Groups of like-minded and supportive people.
- Use your personal learning budget for taking classes, purchasing books, or attending a conference.
Tools you'll be using:
- Your voice. Speak up, form expert opinions, and share it.
- Design Documentation software (Figma preferred).
- Design Systems (Figma)
- A/B Testing Platform (Optimizely preferred).
- Product Analytics Software (Mixpanel preferred).
- Issue and Project Tracking Software (Jira preferred).
- User Session Recording Tools.
Even if you don't check all of the boxes, please still apply! We'd love to meet you + hear how you can help SpotHero drive into the future.
What we are offering:
Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
Excellent benefits – We cover 95% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- Plus, true ownership of your design in an environment where you can rapidly grow based on your execution
Steps to apply: Please include your portfolio/dribbble/etc username and/or links to any projects that represent your skill set. We love seeing work that others loved working on.