SpotHero is on a mission to transform how we manage our supply, becoming more active and intentional in ensuring we are meeting the needs of operators, drivers and SpotHero. As part of this we are focusing on building a stronger Accounting function for the Revenue organization, ensuring we are actively and effectively managing all Accounting-related requirements. SpotHero is looking for a Revenue Operations Specialist, Accounting to establish a new role that is singularly focused on meeting these requirements. This person will reside within the Revenue Operations team, a team focused on building and supporting the infrastructure, tools and processes that maximize the output of our Revenues teams. The right candidate will enjoy working in areas of uncertainty, showing a dogged determination to find answers to tough questions, and will naturally connect the dots across teams to drive effective collaboration and partnership. This role will report to Jake Smiles, VP Revenue Operations
Who we are:
SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across North America use the SpotHero mobile app, website, connected car integrations and other Big Tech apps to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do:
Onboarding and Operational Management
- Ensure accurate and efficient collection of accounting information from Operators, including vendor IDs, tax certificates, and W9s
- Interface directly with operators to ensure timely and accurate collection of this information, follow up as necessary to ensure timely collection
- Input collected information into appropriate software (i.e., Salesforce) to enable the activation of new locations and operators onto the SpotHero platform
- Ensure accuracy of information inputted into SpotHero systems (i.e., mapping of facility to correct legal entity)
Operator Communication & Support
- Address operator questions and issues related to Accounting, including any remittance, reporting, and tax requirements
- Collaborate across Sales, Accounting and Engineering to solve problems and bring resolution to operator partners
- Partner with B2B Marketing team to develop appropriate language for accounting and tax related communications to operators
- Lead periodic collection of updated tax documents and collaborate cross functionally to ensure those updates are sufficiently accounted for
- Collaborate across teams to improve our approach to manage Accounting for Revenue, including improved throughput, faster turnaround, and higher quality
- Leverage experience from working with operators across markets and account types to provide cross functional teams the insight needed to build appropriate solutions
- Potential areas of improvement are: simplified data collection from operators, faster turnaround time when a location switches operators
Organizational Alignment & Improvement
- Participate in regular meetings with Revenue, Marketplace Operations, Accounting and Product stakeholders; support alignment and drive operational requirements
- Provide connective tissue between Sales and other Accounting stakeholders, ensure there is alignment, opportunity for discussion and questions, and mutual trust
What we’re looking for:
- Action oriented with exceptional follow-through. You maintain a sense of urgency to complete a task and seek information rather than waiting for it
- Clear communicator. You have an outstanding ability to communicate clearly and articulate complex accounting ideas in easy-to-understand language
- Analytical. You examine data methodically and in detail to solve problems or complete tasks
- Collaborative. You are a team player and a clear communicator when working alongside other departments internally and externally
- Detail oriented. You sweat the details. You understand that data pipelines & dashboards can be nuanced and complex, and you strive to understand the nitty-gritty details behind them
- Persistence. You show firm continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
- Operations & Process Minded. You strive for smooth operations and more efficient processes, and reflect that goal in all your work
- Creative & Resourceful Problem Solver. You welcome sticky problems and are creative in bringing in resources and finding solutions to the toughest ones
- Customer service mindedness. You aim to delight and solve problems for customers, leaving an conversation relaying a sense of trust and resolution
- 3-5 years experience working in technical support role, including external interactions
- Proven ability to manage complex programs, products and processes
- Ability to work across teams and diverse internal stakeholders
- Experience with BI (Looker), CRM (Salesforce), KM (Confluence) tools preferred
Seeking candidates in:
- Chicago, IL
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental and Vision Premiums, company-sponsored Life Insurance, 401K, and generous parental leave.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Learning Budget + Udemy license - We support the professional and personal growth of our people by providing everyone with learning resources and development opportunities.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A company that cares about its employees’ unique backgrounds. From Employee Resource Groups to Unconscious Bias Trainings, we want each and every employee to feel like SpotHero is a place where they can bring their whole selves to work.
- A workplace recognized as CityLights award winner by 1871, 2023 Best Places To Work by BuiltIn, and recipients of the Best Company Culture, Best Company for Women, and Best Company for Diversity awards from Comparably!
At SpotHero, we Respect Fellow Drivers by providing an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process. Please let our team know of your need when you apply or as you begin interviewing with our team.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.